University of Melbourne Scholarships 2019 (Fully Funded)
University of Melbourne is a leading research university located in Melbourne, Australia It was founded in 1853, making it the oldest university in Victoria and second oldest in Australia. It is part of the “sandstone universities” and “Group of Eight” which connotes prestige and academic excellence such as in the “Ivy Leagues” in America.
University of Melbourne’s excellence in education can be shown in its high rankings. The Times Higher Education ranked this university to be 33rd globally, QS World Rankings ranked this university to be 41st globally. Also, the graduate employability ranking is 11th globally, which indicates the readiness of the students to work immediately after graduation.
Not only the rankings, but also the success of the alumni shows the high academic standard in University of Melbourne. This university is associated with nine Nobel Laureates in its alumni and faculty. This number is higher than any other university’s Nobel Laureates. Also, four Australian Prime Ministers and 5 governor-general have graduate from this university. The success of the alumni is an indication of the academic excellence in University of Melbourne.
University of Melbourne Scholarships (Undergraduate)
Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships
- Scholarship Amount- Up to full tuition
- Eligibility- All international students with excellence high school achievements and accepted to undergraduate programs
- Number of Recipients- Around 50 students per year
- Application Dates- First, prospective students must apply and be accepted in an undergraduate program in University of Melbourne. The deadline is Late December for spring admission and May 31 for fall admission. After student’s acceptance, there are five selection rounds which is in November, December, January, April, and May.
- Application Procedure- After students have been accepted, those students will be automatically considered, and students do not need to submit a separate application form. For more information, visit Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships Page.
University of Melbourne Scholarships (Graduate)
International Postgraduate Coursework Award
- Scholarship Amount- Up to full tuition
- Number of Recipients- Around 28 students per year
- Application Dates- Students need to submit their admission application to appropriate graduate school of their choice. The deadline is November 4 and April 30 for international graduate students.
- Application Procedure- After students have been accepted, those students will be automatically considered, and students do not need to submit a separate application form. For more information, visit Melbourne International Postgraduate Coursework Award Page.
Graduate Research Scholarships (Master’s and Ph.D)
- Scholarship Amount- Tuition, annual living stipend, relocation stipend, health insurance
- Number of Recipients- 300 per year awarded by University of Melbourne and 300 per year awarded by the Australian Government
- Application Dates- The deadline is November 4 and April 30 for Master’s programs. The deadline for Ph.D programs varies by departments. To access the scholarship deadline for your field of study, visit University of Melbourne Ph.D Application Deadline Page.
- Eligibility and Application Procedure- You would need to apply for admissions to the department of your choice. After the acceptance, you will be automatically considered. For more information about eligibility and application procedure, visit Graduate Research Scholarships Page.
McKenzie Postdoctoral Program
- Scholarship Amount- Salary at Level A.6 in the University salary band plus superannuation
- Number of Recipients- 10 students per year
- Application Dates- The application opens in July 3 and closes in September 25th
- Eligibility and Application Procedure- You must receive Ph.D degree other than University of Melbourne no later than the specified date in the scholarship page. For more information about eligibility and application procedure, visit McKenzie Postdoctoral Page.
For undergraduate, Master’s program, and Ph.D programs, visit the Ph.D Application Deadline Page. The application date for McKenzie Postdoctoral Program is from July 3 to September 25. For more information, visit McKenzie Postdoctoral Page